Tuesday, April 2, 2013

California Science Center...

On Thursday we headed over to the California Science Center.  To our pleasant surprise it was FREE!  They house the space shuttle Endeavor here and we did have to pay $2 to see it, but the rest of the place was free.
 

 
They have a huge rose garden with all kinds of beautiful roses.


 
A rock (pebble) from the moon.
 


 
There were lots of hands-on exhibits that the kids loved--even Leightyn!

 

 

 
It was pretty cool to see the space shuttle, retired here after 25 missions in space.



 
An engine, they had 5 on the back of the Endeavor.






There were many cool exhibits here--a fun place to explore!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is the number one place I want to visit this year! I can't wait to see the Space Shuttle.

When I was researching it a couple of months ago I noticed on the web-site it said it was free, but I just could not believe it. I am glad to have it confirmed!

Kellie DeMille said...

I wish I could get one of those engines on the back of my van, it would be awesome! What a cool place. I think your kids have learned more on Spring Break than any other kids I know :)