
Kendyl could not wait to get started on her birthday so she was up extra early to open her presents before school.

She was very excited about all the great stuff she got. A big thank you to everyone who sent her cards and gifts--she loved them!

She played with her new stuff all weekend and every spare minute she had.

We hid the new bike in the family room and it took her several minutes before she even noticed it...then her reaction was, "Oh! There's my bike."

I spent the morning with her at school and brought birthday donuts and juice. Her class was almost more excited than she was! :)

Kendyl and her friend Gigi, who is in her class--they share the same birthday!

Kendyl wanted to go to TGI Friday's for dinner and while we were there they had a balloon maker twisting balloons into all kinds of shapes. Both girls went for the princess crown.

We came home for cake and icecream, although she was thrilled when the waitress brought her a sundae with a candle in it. I must admit that I tried making a fancy birthday cake on Kendyl's first birthday and it turned out really ugly, so I have not attempted to do anything since then besides cupcakes or bundt cakes. Usually I just buy a cake.

So this year, for Kendyl's friend party she wanted to have a beach theme and asked for a flip flop cake. I was hesitant to attempt anything, but after searching online I found some really cute ideas, examples, and tips.

I made two sets of flip flop cakes, one for her actual birthday on Friday and one for her party on Saturday. I must admit, they turned out pretty cool! The biggest downside was that it took me 2 hours to cut, frost, and decorate essentially 4 cakes! My feet were killing me!

We had Kendyl's birthday party at Michael's where she and her friends made these cute bags.

And decorated these cute flip flops (hence the cakes). They all turned out super cute and the girls all had a fun time being creative. I was glad for the extra help and expertise from Michael's.

I'm so glad my cute Kendyl is seven, but where has all the time gone? It seems like yesterday she was just this small.
5 comments:
The cakes are awesome! I am glad you had a good experience at Michaels. We did that for Alexis's 6th b-day and the helpers were lame and I had to entertain the kids and help them with their lame projects. I was 9 months pregnant so I didn't want to have to do a party...but i felt like I pretty much did it all!
Those cakes are awesome! Nice job on them :-)
I am super impressed with the cakes. What a fun idea for her birthday. The kids do grow up way to fast.
that cake is absolutely amazing!!!!! You Rock Suzie!!
You are so creative. I'm sure that it was well worth the time on your feet - she will remember this for years to come. You are such a great Mom.
Post a Comment