Monday, September 22, 2008

Cupcake burgers...







So I was blog stalking and came across these cupcake hamburgers and they just looked so cute I had to try them!
















There wasn't a recipe so I took what I could from the comments and just made up the rest! I used yellow cake mix for the "buns" and baked them into cupcakes without the wrappers so the sides would be smooth.


















I made the hamburger patties out of brownies which I also baked in the cupcake tin. Be careful to shorten your bake time since they don't take as long as a regular pan.














Ryder was a great sport and watched us baking away!
















Our finished project! I sliced out the middle of the cupcakes and used colored frosting to make the "lettuce, ketchup, and mustard" and then assembled them all together. We had dinner and FHE with some friends tonight and took these for dessert. They were a hit!

3 comments:

Challey said...

They turned out so cute! I love it. Stratton just saw them and he wants to make them too.

The Judsons said...

Look at you being so creative! I have been one big slacker in the baking/cooking department since we moved. I think it's because the size of my current kitchen depresses me.

Rachael said...

Those are adorable!