Saturday, December 21, 2013

How the Grinch spread Christmas cheer...

For the bishopric party this year, the Day's went all out.  They did a Grinch theme complete with green punch that all the kids loved.  It was awesome.  After dinner, she sent us on a scavenger hunt, but we were to give things away instead of collecting things.  We also had to take a picture to document proof that we did it.
 
 
We all split up into groups and raced to complete our tasks.  Our first stop was to sing a Christmas carol so we ran across the street to the Simpson's house.


We ran into Katie Rice and gave her a "joyful noise" with some noisemakers.

 
Shared some popcorn with the Marvian's.

 
Delivered some wrapping paper to Sister Miller.


And gave a turkey to the McClellan's. 

We probably spent more time driving around in the car trying to decide who to go see.  After we completed our tasks we headed back to the Day's and she put all the pictures together and retold the story of How the Grinch Stole Christmas using everyone's pictures.  It was darling.  I think we all felt more Christmas spirit that night by spreading some Christmas cheer.  :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hearing Leightyn say "Merry Christmas" was the highlight of my day. It was so, so cute! I couldn't stop smiling when you left.

I may have to give it a few months before I cook that turkey. I made two turkeys last year (2013) and started a fire in the oven both times. Seriously.

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun activity!! The Day's are awesome :)