Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blood pressure...

During the last few weeks of this pregnancy my blood pressure has been elevated. No other symptoms, so I'm grateful. However, the doctor felt that I needed to take it easy and stay off my feet, so life has slowed down for me at least.


Steve brought his blood pressure cuff and stethoscope home from the office so we could test my blood pressure ourselves. The kids were fascinated by how it worked and were excited to try it out.


We did a test run on Horton the Elephant. Unfortunately he didn't quite register a reading and the kids were quite concerned that he had no pulse. ;-)

Daddy became the next "patient" and had all three doctors working on him at the same time.



Steve then checked my blood pressure and verified that it was still high. So more rest for me.


I am trying to enjoy the calm before the storm and get as much rest in as I can before I am at the mercy of a newborn, plus 4. I like being able to read, watch movies and surf the internet "guilt free". I am VERY thankful for all the help we've had and are getting. I know Steve will be REALLY happy when I can resume all the mom duties again, but in the meantime, I am going to relax. :)

4 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

Hey a hard working mom + a bun in the over = time to relax to me (regardless of blood pressure). Cant wait to meet your sweet baby! I hope Horton is doing much better with the no pulse thing. Good think you are in such great hands, you have a cute family!

Rachael said...

Hopefully we get to meet a new Hardy this week! Until then enjoy the rest!!!

Erin Camp said...

And you still have a smile on your face in spite of it all. You always amaze me :) Can't wait to see baby girl Hardy.

Challey said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady!