Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tree decorating...

We got out the Christmas decorations and started with the tree. The kids love putting on the ornaments and it's all about crowd control and supervision.




We collect ornaments every year and the kids each have their own small collection. We let them put up all the ornaments, but in the rush to put them up, there were a few ripped boxes. I'll be surprised if they all last until they grow up!




Ryder didn't understand the difference between ornaments and toys so he was very mad when we took his train ornament and hung it up on the tree.



So far Sawyer has been interested in the Christmas stuff, but has stopped when we say "no-no". He is very mobile so nothing is safe. Hopefully the tree stays intact. Presents under the tree might be a whole other level of temptation, and not just for Sawyer (I'm thinking a certain 2-year-old will be more of a problem)!




Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

bloodfamily said...

Aw what a beautiful tree. One year I got some small plastic tubs and let my kids decorate them, and then they put their own ornaments in them so that they can put their own ornaments on the tree each year. Then when they grow up and move out on their own, they can have their box. But I'm with you ~ some ornaments just don't make it through the years.

Melissa Summers said...

That little Sawyer is too cute. I love all the pictures you post of him. Even boring ball ornaments on the tree were a temptation to my kids. Nothing is safe at Christmas time. Good luck this year!

Rachael said...

So far (knock on wood) Oliver hasn't been too interested in the tree...granted...he hasn't been feeling well so he wasn't doing much of anything but hopefully it will last!
I was sure this year we would have only the top half decorated. We don't put any gifts at all under the tree till Christmas Eve so that shouldn't be a problem!
Your kids are adorable!