Thursday, June 12, 2008

Easy summer salad...

I'm making this great summer salad for dinner that I just can't get enough of and I thought I'd share since I'm always searching for something tasty. We did have this at Ryder's blessing so some of you can attest to the yumminess!



Spinach and Strawberry Salad

1/2 baby spinach (stemmed and torn in bite size pieces)
1/2 romaine (or whatever lettuce mix you like)
sliced strawberries
sugared almonds

To make the sugared almonds use 1/2 cup slivered almonds and 3 Tablespoons sugar. Heat over medium until sugar dissolves and coats almonds. Watch carefully so they don't burn! Cool on aluminum foil. Store in airtight container.

I also discovered Kraft's new organic salad dressings and just love their Raspberry Vinaigrette on this salad.


If you like, you can add feta cheese and thinly sliced red onion. There are several versions of this salad out there, but this is my favorite. Enjoy!

No comments: